April 7, 2022 by Daran Wastchak
#021 Living Your Life Rather Than Your Business
In this episode, host Daran Wastchak will be talking about a simple but essential ingredient to Freedom Focused.
That ingredient is “rejuvenation.”
It’s both necessary to achieve Freedom Focused as a small business owner, and at the same time a product of being Freedom Focused.
He'll begin by sharing a story from a small business owner that he recently met who by all measures has been very successful, but after 25 years is tired, burned out, and full of regrets.
As a bit of a counter point, he'll then share with you the positive steps he's taken, over his 20 plus years as a small business owner, to minimize burnout, overwhelm, and most importantly, regrets.
Lastly, he'll share how you can do the very same thing when you build a Freedom Focused business that creates greater freedom and allows for critically important rejuvenation time.
Enjoy the show and don't forget to...
Stay focused on your freedom!
Here's a glance at this episode...
- [01:10] On a once in a lifetime trip to Egypt with my daughters, I met Lisa, who had a very successful business. Her business was her life and this was the first time she was able to take a trip like this.
- [04:13] Fortunately, early on I made spending time with my girls a priority and we started taking trips as a family.
- [07:11] It is important for us to experience quiescence, not only for ourselves but for our businesses as well.
- [08:14] Rejuvenation is important to become Freedom Focused.
- Having a powerful vision shared with your team.
- Core values that are integrated into your hiring process and team meetings.
- [09:10] Being Freedom Focused also means…
- Having short, medium, and long term goals
- Key Performance Indicators
- Written processes
- [09:56] Most employees, and owners, feel guilty about taking time off. This thought process needs to change. It is important for the success of the business for everyone to have rejuvenation time.
- [11:37] At my company, we celebrated everyone's time off and it changed everything for us.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Daran’s article and podcast on rejuvenation, “Quiescence - The secret to recharging your batteries”:
- Daran’s article and podcast on vision, “The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Create It!”:
- Daran’s article and podcast on core values, “The Key to Greatness Is Already in Your Hands”:
- Four Levels of Freedom for small business owners
- Four Levels of Freedom Survey
- Business Survival Survey
- Join my email list!