November 18, 2021 by Daran Wastchak
#011 Separating the Wheat from the Chaff
In this episode, host Daran Wastchak will be bringing together all that he's talked about in the past several episodes (i.e. core values, vision, pre-employment quizzes) to show you how, collectively, everything works together to help you to hire exceptional people for your organization.
People who will be a right fit for your team, aligned with your core values, engaged, and energized to help you achieve a bigger and better future for your organization.
As noted in a previous episode, hiring the wrong person can be very costly, anywhere from five to fifteen-thousand dollars, depending on the level of compensation for the person.
No one wants to waste money, or time.
Instead, learn Daran's proven process for hiring a “dream team” of individuals who will be around for the long term and help you to create a truly Freedom Focused organization.
Enjoy the show and don't forget to...
Stay focused on your freedom!
Here's a glance at this episode...
- [02:10] In the hiring process I teach to small business owners in my "Dream Team" Builder course, we begin by creating a well thought out job posting that includes essential elements for both attracting people to your organization and at the same time discouraging the wrong people from ever applying.
- [04:02] Make sure to share your vision with future employees.
- [04:21] After working hard to attract as many people as possible to your job posting, the next thing you want to do is reduce the number of people that actually apply to the position. Here are some ways to narrow down the list.
- Share your core values in the job description.
- Use pre-employment quizzes such as 16 Personalities and Predictable Success.
- Clear statement in the job description that anyone offered an interview must complete a background check.
- Add directions for applicants to follow to see if they are a good fit.
- [09:10] Use the results from 16 Personalities and Predictable Success quizzes when interviewing job applicants.
- [09:39] Create 2 to 3 questions from each of your core values to determine if each applicant is in alignment with your core values.
- [11:44] We never hire someone without doing a second interview.
- Opportunity to create greater buy-in and inclusiveness for your team in the hiring process.
- Verify that the same person you met in the first interview shows up to the second interview.
- Another chance to ask about core values.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Article, "Separating the Wheat from the Chaff"
- Vision, “The Best Way to Predict the Future is to Create It!”
- Core values, “The Key to Greatness Is Already in Your Hands”
- Pre-employment quizzes, “Know Theyself...and Others Too!”
- “Dream Team” Builder course
- Join my email list!