October 7, 2021 by Daran Wastchak
#008 The Key to Greatness Is Already in Your Hands
In this episode, host Daran Wastchak will be talking about an important item of your business that many, if not most, small businesses never put in place, robbing them of a competitive advantage and a very important opportunity to achieve significantly better results, even greatness, in everything they do.
This important item is core values.
Daran will share the process he teaches small business owner's to "discover" their core values by putting in place three key elements to create greater team alignment, greater efficiency, and greater productivity for your business.
Once discovered, it is essential that your core values are integrated into as many areas of your daily operations as possible.
Daran will share with listeners the most impactful ways to do this, from the first day a potential employee is introduced to your organization to the regular performance review process.
For those who are anxious to get started right away on discovering their personal core values, click here to download the FREE tool mentioned in the show: "Personal Core Values Discovery".
Enjoy the show and don't forget to...
Stay focused on your freedom!
Here's a glance at this episode...
- [02:19] The Electric & Gas Industries Association (EGIA) conducted an internal survey asking how many “have a written set of core values.” An impressive 82% of members said they do.
- [02:45] The eMyth organization, in their “State of the Business Owner” (SOBO) report, asked a similar question: “Do you have defined company values?” An even higher number, 85%, said that they do.
- [04:08] This is what robs small businesses of a competitive advantage.
- [04:56] In my "Dream Team" Builder course, we teach small business owners how to discover their core values.
- [05:34] How can we discover your core values?
- Three “Key Elements”
- Core Value itself
- Action Statement
- [08:08] Ways to keep your core values front and center.
- Put them in your job ad
- Use them in your interview process
- Incorporate them into the employee review process
- Talk about them in your monthly meetings
- Share them with your clients
- [17:12] To learn more about my "Dream Team" Builder course click here.
- [17:43] Click here to download a FREE copy of our "Personal Core Values Discovery" and see how easy it is to discover your own core values when you use a simple process as your guide.