May 19, 2022 by Daran Wastchak
#024 The #1 Reason Why Employees Become Business Owners
In this episode, host Daran Wastchak will be talking about the primary reasons why people, by the hundreds of thousands every year, give up the safety of their job to start a business.
More specifically, Daran will be sharing with you what business owners have consistently said, in multiple studies, their number one motivation is for starting their business.
Here's a hint: it’s not money!
Listen to the show to learn what it is, and also how to make it a reality, not just a dream, for you and your business.
Enjoy the show and don't forget to...
Stay focused on your freedom!
Here's a glance at this episode...
- [01:55] When asking small business owners why they started their business, making more money is not at the top of the list.
- [02:37] The top choice for small business owners in their study was the “ability to choose their own lifestyle and manage their own time.”
- [05:57] The American Bald Eagle has become a widely recognized symbol of freedom in the world.
- [07:17] Congress ultimately approved the American Bald Eagle on June 20, 1782.
- [11:36] A business that is Freedom Focused fulfills all four of the freedoms we’ve just described...
- Freedom of time
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Freedom Focused Business Startup Survey
- Daran’s article, “The Real Reasons Small Business Owner's Start Their Business (Hint: It's Not Money!)”
- Daran’s article, “How Do You Define ‘Freedom’ as a Business Owner?”
- Four Levels of Freedom for small business owners
- Join my email list!