June 2, 2022 by Daran Wastchak
#025 The #1 Challenge for Small Business Owners
In this episode, host Daran Wastchak will be talking about the biggest challenges identified by small business owners in today’s economy, with particular focus on the number one challenge that rises to the top of most business owner’s list.
Research shows that “cashflow” and a “lack of capital” were the number one issue for the past decade or so, but current events and significant swings in the economy caused by the traumatic disruptions of the global pandemic have caused a new champion to rise to the top.
Join Daran for this week’s episode to learn what this challenge is, how business owners have been responding, and what you can do, contrary to what other business owners are doing, to overcome this and other critical challenges to the success of your business.
Enjoy the show and don't forget to...
Stay focused on your freedom!
Here's a glance at this episode...
- [01:28] Growth was the number one challenge identified by small business owners.
- [03:24] What does the US Bureau of Labor Statistics consider to be a “small business?”
- [04:50] Having a low number of applicants to fill positions is the number one difficulty when it comes to filling positions according to Guidant’s research in 2022.
- [06:05] I relied on the culture of my company to attract and retain employees.
- [07:08] It started with creating a vision.
- [08:24] Having core values is also essential to employees.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- 7 Common Small Business Problems and Their Solutions, by Guidant
- US Small Business Administration: Small Business Facts - Small Business Hiring Needs
- 2022 Small Business Trends, A look at the state of small business in 2022, by Guidant
- Daran’s article, “The #1 Challenge for Small Business Owners”
- Join my email list!