August 25, 2021 by Daran Wastchak
#005 What Is the #1 Way to Make Change in Your Life?
In this episode, Daran will be talking about one of the most effective ways for small business owners to change what they are doing in order to move their business from where it is today, to where they want it to be at some point in the future... habits.
He will share what research says about how long, on average, it takes for a person to form a habit.
He will share some of the specific best practices and time tested, well established business strategies that he and his team made a habit of doing to create a much more efficient and productive organization, ultimately creating greater personal and professional freedom for both himself and the rest of the team.
Daran will even throw in a few thoughts on habits from the Greek philosophers Epictetus and Aristotle.
Enjoy the show and don't forget to...
Stay focused on your freedom!
Here's a glance at this episode...
- [02:30] It takes 21 days to form a habit.
- [02:35] Other research suggests it takes 66 days to form a habit.
- [04:54] To make a change in my business, I started off by building a leadership team.
- [05:17] One of the first things we did was figure out our vision.
- [05:45] We clarified our core values.
- [06:02] We established habits.
- Goal setting.
- Had a meeting every week for 90 minutes.
- Had a company meeting every month.
- Tracked our KPI’s.
- Reviewed quarterly goals.
- Documented processes.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- “Attitudes, Decisions, and Habits as Determinants of Repeated Behavior” by Ronis, Yates, and Kirscht (1988)
- “How are habits formed: Modelling habit formation in the real world” by Lally, Van Jaarsveld, Potts, and Wardle (2009)
- "What's the #1 Way to Make Change in Your Life" by Daran Wastchak
- Join my email list!