July 28, 2021 by Daran Wastchak
#003 Freedom Secrets with guest Matthew Gardner
Matthew is a Personal Benefits Consultant working in the Arizona market with over 50 agents as part of his team.
While Matthew may not be a small business owner in the traditional sense, he certainly operates like one within HealthMarkets with lots of autonomy to run his business, managing employees, mentoring the sales team to achieve results, and answerable to the marketplace on a daily basis.
What stands out about Matthew is his very high level of personal and professional freedom even with such a large team and so much to do.
Listen to this episode to learn what Matthew's secrets are to achieving an amazing level of freedom, including...
- Time each week to coach his son's and his daughter's baseball and softball teams.
- Eight (8) vacations each year with his family that Matt refers to as "non-negotiable".
** You'll be impressed, and maybe a little envious, when you hear the details for a trip he planned with his family seven days after our interview. Wow!
- A spur of the moment trip to play golf with friends in Pebble Beach, California.
- And more....
You won't want to miss all that Matthew shares, and walk away with some of his "secrets" to gaining a similar level of freedom for yourself.
Enjoy the show and don't forget to...
Stay focused on your freedom!
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- [00:54] Introducing Matt Gardner to the show.
- [02:44] How he operates his business as a small business owner.
- [05:24] The idea of freedom.
- [09:26] Personal and professional freedom are tied together for small business owners.
- [12:16] Freedom to Exit
- [15:50] The processes that Matt uses in order for him to have freedom in his business.
- [20:38] Matt shares a success secret.